Powered by Jasper Roberts Consulting - Widget
-->

Paul Hodgson photo

Paul Hodgson photo

Monday, 4 July 2011

3rd at the Bromont Canada Cup #2 in Quebec

Last week I got back from the Canada Cup #2 at Bromont in Quebec.

I flew over with the Cycling BC team and we arrived Wednesday night at our condo in Bromont. The race was on Saturday, so Thursday we walked the track and then had our one day of practice on Friday.

The track was so much fun, it was previously a world cup track and it showed through the rock huck lines and the wide open high speed sections. It is now by far my favorite race course.

Race day was very good. In my race run I stalled up in one corner at the top and than got quite a cheer from the crowd when I got bucked on a rock garden and came onto a wooden ramp to drop drifting sideways. I made it out okay though and from there on it was so fun, the bottom section had fast berms with some super fast bits and a good sized road gap. I came across the line with the biggest smile on my face, according to one of the team BC coaches. I ended up 3rd in Junior expert three quarters of a second off the win and top 30 in Pro. Though I always want to improve my time I was very happy with my result as it bumped me into third overall in the Canada Cup series with one more Canada Cup to go. This is also good coming into Nationals as now I am consistent in the National series which means if I get a good result at National Championships in a few weeks than I could end up on the Canadian National team and possibly go to the World Championships.

Two weeks ago I also got 3rd at the Bear Mountain BC Cup #2. It was a very muddy course and I had an over the bars crash in my race run, but besides that it was a good weekend and my result put me in 2nd overall in the Junior Expert BC Cup overall standings. I've got three more BC Cup's to go, so I am aiming to get a few more good results and push it to hopefully win the series.

I also just had a Cycling BC team training camp in Whistler this past weekend which was a lot of fun. Getting in so many runs up there was very helpful and allowed me to work on and perfect some things I have been working on.

I have this weekend off and next weekend is Crankworx. I am still undecided if I will be racing the Canadian Open at Crankworx as it is the weekend before Nationals. It is a very fun course, but I'm thinking I should probably use that time to prepare for Nationals as it is going to be the most important race of the year for me.

Here is a link to a photo from the last Canada Cup if you would like to see it.

Thanks

Forrest Riesco

No comments:

Post a Comment